ONC Health IT Cost and Limitations Disclosure
PracticeGenie v.1.0 Ambulatory EHR Module is 2014 Edition Compliant and has been certified by an ONC-ACB in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Vendor: Medusind Solutions, Inc.
CHPL Product Number: 140070R00
Certification Date: 3/31/2015
Certified By: ICSA Labs
The additional software PracticeGenie relied upon to demonstrate compliance, includes Meinberg NTP and Secure Exchange Solutions for Direct Messaging.
Criteria: 170.314(a)(1-15) 170.314(b)(1-5,7) 170.314(c)(1-3) 170.314(d)(1-9) 170.314(e)(1-3) 170.314(f)(1-2) 170.314(g)(2-4)
CQMs: CMS#50v2 CMS#65v3 CMS#68v3 CMS#122v2 CMS#138v2 CMS#156v2 CMS#164v2 CMS#165v2 CMS#166v3
The costs that an eligible provider (EP) would pay for PracticeGenie V1.0 licenses in order to attempt to meet meaningful use objectives and measures include:
License, Implementation, Support & Hosting:
- License Subscription Solution -PracticeGenie offers a Cloud-based subscription solution that includes support for a monthly fee; cost is per provider. Additionally, monthly hosting costs are per user.
- License Purchase Solution -PracticeGenie offers a license purchase solution for a one-time software license fee per provider with additional fees for monthly support and maintenance; cost is per provider. Additionally, monthly hosting costs are per user.
- Implementation Services -PracticeGenie offers implementation services for database setup and training. These upfront costs are per provider and user, and allow for a specific amount of hours. If implementation services exceed the allotted number of hours, additional fees will apply.
In addition to the License, Implementation, Support & Hosting costs, this certified product-version could require additional costs for:
- Lab Interfaces – Depending on the customer’s selected lab/imaging company & their current transactional volume, this certified product-version may require one-time costs to establish interfaces to electronically exchange results. (170.314(b)(5)(a) – Incorporate laboratory tests & values/results, 170.314(a)(12) – Image Results)
- Registry Reporting Interfaces – This certified product-version may require one-time costs and/or re-occurring costs to establish interfaces for reporting to immunization public health agencies or any specialized registry.
- Patient Messaging – Depending on the patient’s preferred mode of communication, transactional costs may apply per SMS/voice message sent. (170.314(a)(14) Patient List Creation)
- Quality Reporting – Generating and/or transmitting QRDA (170.314(c)(3) Clinical
- Quality measures – Electronic Submission) or other format file(s) required for participation in payer quality initiatives/programs may require one-time costs, ongoing service fees, and/or transaction-based fees.
- Additional Services – Depending on the customer’s needs, there may be costs for any additional services outside the standard agreement (such as additional implementation services, business analysis services, additional training services, etc.).
The EP must sign a PracticeGenie Software License & Support Agreement and the term of the agreement is typically a 1-year term, which may vary depending on the customer’s needs.
There may also be additional agreements that an EP must enter with a third-party vendor (such as a clearinghouse company, lab company, etc.) depending on the customer’s needs.
To view the listing from the Certified Health IT Product List, please visit the ONC CHPL website & search for PracticeGenie v1.0 under the 2014 Edition Modular EHR certifications.