16 Aug Certified Medical Coder
Duties for Coder:
Job entails surgical CPT coding experience, which relates to anesthesia and/or office-based CPT billing. Duties are:
- Apply CPT and ICD-10 Codes to medical records
- Apply all coding conventions to CPT code (i.e., modifiers)
- Code and/or Quality Audit average of 200 charge records per day
- Design and implement QA checks with a reporting mechanism to easily ascertain progress for all clients.
- Look for coding related trends using all resources (denials, email, VIMS, etc.), track the trends, and develop
- Report quality assurance error statistics to Coding Business Partner(s)
- Call surgeon’s office to clarify records when necessary
- Interact with company business partners
- Stay abreast of, research, and report Coding related changes across the industry.
- Lead projects as needed
- Identify system inefficiencies and correct or report to the appropriate forum
- Utilize reports as needed (Web, VIMS, vendor MBR and PIBS).
- Utilize software products (e.g., Word, Excel, etc.) that would be valuable to you in your role.
- Build edits as they present themselves.
- Use good judgment and escalate issues as necessary.
- Administrative tasks as they relate to coding.
Requirements for Coder:
- AAPC Certification required
- Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, physiology, medical terminology and medical procedures
- ICD-10 and Surgical CPT Coding experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PC skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, etc.)
- Excellent people and team-building skills
- Ability to plan and multi-task
- Meet deadlines. If unable to meet deadlines, communicate in advance with a detailed explanation; have a workaround plan to propose.
- Teambuilding skills:
- Partner with, and support Management, Supervisors and associates to promote a positive working environment.
- Promote Periop business decisions as positive. Do not express negative opinions regarding any Periop business decision or business partner while in the presence of associates.
- Communicate with our offshore business partner through email and conference calls.
- Promote teamwork.
- People Skills:
- Respect, recognize and be sensitive to different personality types and adjust your approach accordingly.
- Practice soft-skills.
- Decision-Making skills:
- Present issues with plausible, well thought out solutions.
- Discuss disagreement or disappointment behind closed doors with appropriate members of management.
- Before implementing any change in process, obtain appropriate approval from the Client Manager and/or team Supervisor (whichever is appropriate).
- Take ownership and accept responsibility of items assigned to you
- Have prompt turn-around time
- Remain flexible to change
- Be receptive and positive regarding feedback and directives presented to you
- Innovation: Reengineer inefficient processes.