16 Aug Medical Collector – Miami
At Medusind we take immense pride in offering superior, cost-effective solutions covering the whole spectrum of tasks and processes to the healthcare industry. A significant factor is that our workforce comes with a rich domain expertise and robust compliance norms. Our four-prong approach of an excellent management team coupled with detailed eye for processes, experienced manpower, and cutting edge technology helps us deliver superior, cost effective services to our clients across the globe.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary additional life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 48 hours of sick time after three months
- 80 hours of vacation time after six month
- $400 referral bonuses
- Coordinates the resolution of incidents and pended open incidents, initiation of appeals, including the verification of demographic and insurance information, when needed
- Reviews and monitors the reimbursements due from different insurance companies, and determines appropriate collection methods and account follow-up according to the federal and state compliance guidelines.
- Pursues insurance carriers by placing phone calls, documenting all work performed, and pending incidents to clients, to ensure payments are received as promised by insurance carriers.
- Works the outstanding accounts on a daily basis to ensure payment of open incidents.
- Reviews the Explanation of Benefits received from the insurance companies and taking appropriate action, including appealing all claims that are denied or underpaid, request for adjustments from clients.
- Advises the supervisor of any trends insurance denials in order to identify problems with particular payers. This individual responds to inquiries from account managers and insurance carriers.
- Previous medical billing experience, with multiple specialty experience preferred
- Previous experience with private, government, and workers’ compensation insurance companies a plus
- Strong verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to manage multiple tasks, and to meet deadlines
- Ability to change tasks as needed for urgent issues
- Ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels
Job Type: Full-Time